Nigerian Exchange (NGX) is committed to promoting just and equitable principles of trade and sound business practices in the Nigerian capital market. Through NGX Regulation, we strictly enforce our listing and trading rules in accordance with global best practices by ensuring that the standards set out are effective to maintain a fair and orderly market and investor protection. NGX Rules contain among others, the conditions for trading and admission of securities on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange. NGX Regulation works proactively to protect and maintain the confidence of investors and the integrity of the NGX market. The Rulebook of The Exchange, 2015 (the “Rulebook”) is a compilation of all the Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines (“Rules”) of The Exchange in one (1) document. It will facilitate quick and easy access to the Rules by Trading License Holders, Issuers, investors, and all other stakeholders who require them. In providing an overall enhanced experience, users of the Rulebook will observe:
- A consolidated Index of all the Rules as at, 31 December 2015.
- Division into Parts, Chapters, and Sections, which have been grouped into related subject matters for ease of access and efficient use.
- Chapters and Section breaks, which have a numbering system that will enable us to add new provisions without disturbing the order of existing provisions, as necessary.
- A comprehensive editing of the Rules for consistency and clarity.
- A consolidation and re-ordering of the Rules for improved flow and rationality in the context of the Rules.
- A cleaning up where there were overlaps and duplications of provisions. Updated cross-references in order to make relevant connections between related provisions.