The popular maxim ‘Ideas rule the world’ is also true for business endeavours. Businesses are products of ideas themselves, and a person involved in running a business must understand how to not only generate business ideas but also to protect the ideas. Intellectual Property (IP) transcends being a mere legal concept. It is a powerful tool for business to grow and achieve incredible commercial results. The protection of intellectual property rights is critical for driving commercial success for businesses and spurring economic growth in the economic sector. The value of intellectual property is frequently undervalued, with SMEs frequently underrating its potential for future profit, and invariably giving their competitors opportunities to scale better and snatch their market share.
Nevertheless, when legal protection is secured for an IP, there is often a surge in its demand, thereby transforming it to a valuable business asset, and translating to growth and better economic viability. Hence, this training is designed to equip businesses, especially SMEs—which represents over 95% of business in Nigeria—the understanding of the principles of IP, trade secrets, and how these concepts will profit SMEs and marketing of brands.
- Gain insights on ideation process;
- Understand the basic principles of intellectual property;
- Understand the nature of trade secrets, the reason for protecting trade secrets and the practical challenges in identifying and protecting trade secrets;
- Learn about the steps to and process in protecting your intellectual assets
- Understand the principles of protection, management and enforcement of the intellectual property rights of SMEs.
Entrepreneurs, Founders/CEO, business administrators, legal counsels, company secretaries, Principal Directors of start-ups and SMEs and anyone interested in understanding the power of Intellectual Property Rights